Honeymoon Packages for Art Lovers
If the thought of gazing into Mona Lisa's eyes while holding your new husband’s hand makes you flush with excitement, then it's time for you to look into honeymoon packages specifically for art lovers. The following honeymoon packages will guide you through the most beautiful, art-filled cities in the world. And you honeymooners are in luck: these cities just happen to also be some of the most romantic destinations for honeymoons in the world.
Art Lovers' Trip to Italy
There's more architecture and art in Italy than one can possibly see in a lifetime … so you better start now! Spend at least two days in each city to be sure you see as much as possible.
- Florence: The capital of Tuscany, Florence is the spiritual home of the Renaissance and the art lover's Mecca. It's also a lover’s paradise. The dome of Il Duomo (The Cathedral of Santa Maria Dei Fiori) is considered the greatest achievement in Renaissance architecture.
- Rome: The Coliseum is a marvel not to be missed. Originally used for entertainment (forced barbaric combat to be precise), it's known as the ultimate icon of ancient Roman greatness.
- Venice: Piazza San Marco is arguably one of the most beautiful public squares. It's neighbored by cafes, shops, the Campanile and St. Peter’s Basilica. Climb the Campanile to see a breathtaking view of Venice.
This city was made for lovers and art, and most definitely art lovers. Paris honeymoon packages will leave you satisfied on all levels.
- The Paris Modern Art Museum houses nearly 50,000 works which include painting, architecture and other media.
- The Louvre is where you'll find the Mona Lisa, and it's also the biggest museum in the world.
- The Musée d'Orsay features French art from 1848-1915 including paintings, sculptures, photography and furniture. It's best known for its extensive collection of impressionist and post-impressionist masterpieces.
- Visit the Arch de Triumph and see a gigantic monument in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle. (We don't recommend driving the infamous roundabout that surrounds it!)
- Notre Dame de Paris, the Gothic, Roman Catholic cathedral, contains the official chair of the Archbishop of Paris.
- Don't forget to take a small detour outside the city to the Palace of Versailles, the famed royal chateau.
Budget Tip: Purchase city passes that allow you to see multiple museums at a discounted rate.
There are museums and public art sites galore in this beautiful city. Consider the following Barcelona honeymoon package, which guarantees you’ll see Antoni Gaudi's most tantalizing works.
- One of Gaudi’s greatest creations, the Sagrada Familia cathedral has been under construction since 1882. It's the most popular attraction in Barcelona and caters to over 2 million visitors a year.
- The building of La Pedrera is itself a museum. It's the second most visited museum in Barcelona and known as one of the most unique apartment buildings ever built.
- Sitting on the hill of el Carmel in the Gracia district of Barcelona, Park Guell is a garden sprinkled with dream-like architectural elements.
Additional must-see honeymoon package sites in Barcelona include:
- The Museum d’Historia de Catalunya is perfect for history lovers.
- The Maritime Museum features all forms of maritime artifacts from Barcelona and surrounding areas.
Check Out Sexy Honeymoon Surprises for Your Groom
Check Out Honeymoons for Yoga Lovers
Check Out Honeymooning During a Recession