New York Wedding Warm Weather Tips
Venue Advice for a NYC Wedding Between Late Spring and Early Autumn
New York City has a seasonal climate that makes it perfect for weddings year-round. If you’re planning a New York City wedding in the summertime, late spring, or early fall, here’s what you need to know about New York wedding venues:
- Rates are highest from late April until early October. When planning your New York City summer wedding, be prepared for fees at the high end of the price scale.
- Book early. Popular New York City wedding venues book as much as a year and a half in advance. Start searching for New York wedding vendors and reception locations as soon as you have a wedding date set.
- Prepare for heat. While temperatures rarely tip past the mid-90’s during the summer, it still gets significantly hot and humid in New York City. If you’re getting married outdoors, plan to offer your guests shade and plenty of refreshments. If you’re having an outdoor reception, avoid favors that can melt.
- To offset the costs of a wedding in season, consider getting married on a day other than Saturday.
- Wear a summery dress. Even if you’re getting married inside, go with a wedding dress that embodies the carefree style of summer. Try a strapless gown, a light and airy skirt or a tea-length gown for a daytime wedding. Avoid heavy fabrics and fur embellishments.
Check Out the New York Metro Wedding Guide
Check Out the Best New York Metro Wedding Vendors
Check Out the New York Wedding Photographers Guide
Check Out the New York Makeup Artists Guide
Check Out Manhattan Reception Locations
Check Out New Paltz Reception Locations
Check Out the New York Wedding Florists Guide
Check Out the New York Wedding Reception DJs Guide
Check Out the New York Wedding Day Transportation Guide
Check Out the New York Wedding Cake Bakers Guide
Check Out the New York Wedding Reception Caterers Guide
Check Out the New York Officiants Guide
Check Out the New York Wedding Videographers Guide
Check Out New York Wedding Photo Keepsakes
Check Out New York Wedding Cold Weather Tips
Check Out Where to Get Married in NYC
Check Out New York City Wedding Trends
Check Out New York Wedding Floral Trends
Check Out New York Wedding Planners
Check Out New York Wedding Dress Shopping Tips
Check Out Live Wedding Music Advice for New York
Check Out Budget Wedding Planning in New York
Check Out the New York Hairstylists Guide
Check Out the New York Live Wedding Bands Guide