Artificial Wedding Flowers
Deciding Between Real and Artificial Wedding Flowers
The advantages and disadvantages of artificial wedding flowers
Silk flowers have come a very long way in the last few years, so much so that many brides are considering substituting artificial wedding flowers for real ones. Some swear by them; others say that there is nothing like the real thing. Here are a few of the advantages and disadvantages of artificial wedding flowers:
- When you are not working with a living organism, you do not have to worry about flowers wilting or not looking as vibrant on the day of your wedding.You can choose flowers that are not necessarily in season.
- If you are getting married in hot or humid weather, they may be especially advantageous, as hot weather can rapidly wilt flowers.
- Silk flowers are often cheaper than real bridal wedding flowers.
Silk flowers can be so detailed nowadays that many guests will not be able to tell the difference (unless they touch or smell them). Note: if you do not want guests to know that you used artificial flowers, you can have fake ones for the corsages and bridal party bouquets, and real flowers for the table centerpieces. In photographs, no one will be able to tell the difference.
- Nothing smells as fragrant and lovely as fresh, blooming flowers such as orchids or roses.
- Depending on the flower, it can be more expensive to use fake ones over real ones if it is a flower that is in season, common and plentiful.
- Even the most gorgeous silk flower cannot replace the smell and feel of a real flower, as flowers are truly a work of art and one of the most gorgeous things in nature.